Wednesday 4 February 2015

crust


All my life I have loved and respected the thick, dependable and righteous crust - particularly the exquisite and crunchy ecstasy of a baguette's crust, a quality piece of sourdough crust, or a bagel's impossibly moist yet crunchy sesame-seed covered crust. Moreover, I've always been bewildered, and on occasion even felt ripped off, when certain individuals have felt the need to remove the crust from a piece of bread I was to indulge in! My mother (the courageous woman she is) always included the crust for me and my brother, as she understood and respected what a vital part of one's character it personified! I mean, to be deprived of a crust is to be deprived of the sturdy and fibrous boarders needed for one to safely and freely express themselves. Yes, a sense of home, belonging, security, and warmth is what the crust is; it is where I came from, where I shall live, and where I shall return with total commitment, reverence and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment